Five companies won Produce Marketing Association Impact Awards for excellence in packaging at PMA Fresh Summit in Anaheim.
Winners announced during the Oct. 17 general session were:
- Columbia Marketing International for its Go-Go Fresh cherry package, which targets convenience store shoppers;
- Earthbound Farm for its PowerMeal bowls;
- Fresh Solutions Network for its Side Delights Gourmet Petites;
- Mucci Farms for its New Pint re-sealable tomato packs; and
- Wholly Guacamole for its Grab N Guac box.
There were more than 75 submissions from 56 companies competing for the five awards. The list was narrowed to 16 companies and 20 products as finalists prior to the trade show.
A panel of judges looked for products that demonstrate originality and connect with consumers. They scored each entry in five areas: marketing, food safety, supply chain efficiency, sustainability excellence and consumer convenience excellence.