SAVANNAH, Ga. — On Jan. 10, the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association elected and re-elected officers at the group’s 2015 Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference.
The officers are:
- Charles Hart, manager of Fresh Plants Inc.-Green Bean Division, Americus, president;
- Duke Lane III, vice president of sales at Lane Packing LLC, dba as Lane Southern Orchards, Fort Valley,first vice president;
- Steve Sumner, owner of Sumner Farms, Omega, second vice president; and
- Bill Brim, owner of Lewis Taylor Farms Inc., Tifton, secretary-treasurer.
These members were elected to the board:
- Brent Bloser, owner of Evergreen Produce, Adel;
- L.G. “Bo” Herndon Jr., president of L.G. Herndon Jr. Farms Inc., Lyons;
- Jennifer McMillan, director of food safety for Southern Grace Farms, Enigma; and
- Jason Tyrone, director of farming operations for South Georgia Produce, Lake Park.
These other members remain on the board:
- Michael Bourton, director of farm operations for Superior Berries, Fargo, Ga.;
- Drew Echols, owner of Jaemor Farms, Alto;
- Kent Hamilton, president and chief executive officer of Southern Valley Fruit & Vegetable Inc., Norman Park; and
- Aries Haygood, operations manager for M & T Farms, Lyons.