The U.S. Department of Agriculture has appointed six members to the National Mango Board, Orlando, Fla., with three-year terms starting in January.
New members are:
- Veny L. Marti of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico (domestic producer);
- Gregory Adam Golden of Mullica Hill, N.J. (importer);
- Bill Vogel of San Pedro, Calif. (importer); and
- Enrique Sanchez of Nayarit, Mexico (foreign producer).
Reappointed members are:
- Thomas Wade Shiba of Missouri City, Texas (importer); and
- Bernardo Malo of Samborondon, Ecuador (foreign producer).
USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service oversees the Mango Board. First handlers and importers pay an assessment rate of a half-cent per pound of mangoes to fund a national promotion, research and consumer information program.