The second annual Mango Food Safety Conference is set for March 6 in Philadelphia.
Hosted by the National Mango Board, the event is complimentary and available to all industry members in any part of the mango supply chain, according to a news release from the Orlando, Fla.-based board.
Keynote topics at the conference are:
- overview of food safety modernization;
- produce standards, supplier verification and how to create a food safety culture;
- mango food safety tools and resources;
- recall situation — how to handle the media in an outbreak;
- product recall and product contamination insurance; and
- Produce Traceability Initiative.
The conference follows the National Mango Board’s first board meeting of the year, according to the release. Information about the mango board and its strategic plan are available online www.mango.org/industry/strategic-plan-and-budget. For more information about the food safety conference, please contact William Watson, executive director of the National Mango Board, at email@example.com.