ANAHEIM, Calif. — Six companies received honors for their packaging design with the Produce Marketing Association’s Impact Award: Excellence in Packaging during Fresh Summit 2012.
The winners, selected from a group of 25 finalists, were announced during an Oct. 27 breakfast general session.
The Impact Award seeks to recognize innovation and excellence in packaging, according to the Newark, Del.-based Fresh Produce Association, and is judged based on excellence in marketing, sustainability, consumer convenience, food safety and supply chain efficiency/functionality, according to PMA’s website.
The 2012 Impact Award winners:
- Ready Pac Foods: Cool Cuts;
- Earthbound Farm: easy-open zip clamshell;
- Flavor Pic Tomato Co.: Handy Candy grape tomatoes;
- Rock Garden: Microgreens in resealable pouches;
- Ocean Mist Farms: Season and Steam microwaveable Brussels sprouts bag; and
- The Greenery: Tommies grape snack tomatoes.