The Produce Mom is looking for ways to put a healthy spin on traditional Thanksgiving foods. She and a slew of fresh produce companies plan to provide healthful options through an upcoming Healthy Thanksgiving Twitter party on at 8 p.m. Eastern on Nov. 20.
Participating produce brands and their Twitter handles include:
- The Produce Mom, @ProduceMom
- Sage Fruit, @SageFruit
- Idaho Potato Commission, @IdahoPotatoes
- Mann Packing, @MannPacking
- Nature Fresh Farms, @Nature_Fresh
- Melissa’s Produce, @MelissasProduce
- Earthbound Farm, @Earthboundfarm
- Peri & Sons Farms, @Periandsons
- Pom Wonderful, @Pomwonderful
- Halos, @HalosFun
- Almond Accents, @AlmondAccents
Each organization will ask a question using the hashtag #HealthyThanksgiving. Healthy holiday recipes will also be exchanged during the event. At the end of the Twitter party, each host will choose a winning participant to receive a prize from their organization.
“I am very excited for the inaugural #HealthyThanksgiving Twitter Party. Consumers are always looking for new and healthier ways to prepare Thanksgiving classics. It is revolutionary to have so many respected brands collaborate for a single marketing event on social media,” Lori Taylor, who is both the Produce Mom and marketing manager for Indianapolis Fruit Co., said in a news release.