Total Quality Logistics, Cincinnati, continues a commitment to better health by sponsoring running events.
TQL sponsored three races in March:
- The 35th Annual Heart Mini Marathon, March 18;
- The 1st Flying Angel 5K, March 24; and the
- 4th Annual Guardian Angels 5K — A Heavenly Hog Jog, March 31.
TQL sent 205 employees, friends and family members to the Annual Heart Mini Marathon, up from just 47 participants last year, according to a news release. The event raised more than $13,000 for the American Heart Association.
Two more races are upcoming:
- Third Annual Forest Hills 5K; , May 19; and
- Loveland’s Amazing Race , June 16
“Sponsoring events like these are an opportunity for us to share our passion for a healthy lifestyle with others, and support our community in the process,” Kerry Byrne, executive vice president, said in the release.
TQL was named one of the “Healthiest Employers in Greater Cincinnati,” by the Business Courier of Cincinnati.
Other TQL wellness events include the company’s Biggest Loser competition, in which 86 two-man teams lost 1,200 pounds collectively over the eight-week contest.