The United Fresh Produce Association board of directors announced nominations of new officers and directors.
The positions become effective at the April 30 United Fresh meeting in Dallas, according to a news release from the Washington, D.C.-based group.
“I’d like to thank Steffanie Smith and Board Development Committee members Will Steele, Ron Carkoski, Tony Freytag, Randy Scott, Reggie Griffin, David Krause and Ron Midyett for their work this year in nominating an outstanding slate of officers and Board members,” Tom Stenzel, president of United Fresh, said in a release.
Smith is chairwoman of the Board Development Committee and chief executive officer of River Point Farms, Hermiston, Ore.
The new chairman of the United Fresh board of directors is David Krause, president of Paramount Citrus, Delano, Calif. Ron Midyett, chief executive officer of Guadalupe, Calif.-based Apio Inc., has been nominated as chairman-elect. Midyett is secretary-treasurer of the Board.
Current chairman Reggie Griffin, retired corporate vice president of produce and floral merchandising and procurement for Cincinnati-based Kroger Co., remains on the board and executive committee as immediate past chairman.
Nominees for board members, a two-year term, are:
- Bill Brooks, owner and partner at Westlake Produce Co., Los Angeles ;
- Jim Catchot, president and chief executive officer of Renaissance Food Group LLC, Rancho Cordova, Calif.;
- Greg Corrigan, senior director of produce and floral for Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Sacramento, Calif.;
- Tom Deardorff II, president and co-owner of Deardorff Family Farms, Oxnard, Calif., (as vice chairman of the Grower-Shipper Board);
- Aaron Fox, vice president of sales and administrative issues at Fox Packaging, McAllen, Texas;
- Cindy Jewell, director of marketing for California Giant Berry Farms, Watsonville, Calif.;
- Kenny Lund, vice president of support operations at the Allen Lund Co, La Cañada, Calif. (as chairman of the Supply Chain Logistics Council);
- Lisa McNeece, vice president of foodservice and industrial sales for Grimmway Enterprises Inc., Bakersfield, Calif.;
- Kevin Moffitt, president and chief executive officer of Pear Bureau Northwest, Milwaukie, Ore.;
- Bob Morrissey, executive director of the National Watermelon Association, Lakeland, Fla.;
- Sean Picquelle, produce manager at Taco Bell, Irvine, Calif., (as vice chairman of the Retail-Foodservice Board);
- Rob Schrick, strategic business management lead for horticulture at Bayer CropScience, Research Triangle Park, N.C;
- Lisa Strube, director of finance and administration at Strube Celery & Vegetable Co., Chicago (as vice chairwoman of the Wholesaler-Distributor Board); and
- Mike Wootton, senior vice president of corporate relations and administration for Sunkist Growers, Sherman Oaks, Calif.
Current board members nominated to new committee positions are:
- Will Steele, president of Frontera Produce, Edinburg, Texas (as chairman to the Grower Shipper Board);
- Chairman, Wholesaler Distributor Board:
- Ron Carkoski, president and chief executive officer of Four Seasons Produce Inc., Ephrata, Pa. (as chairman of the Wholesaler Distributor Board): and
- Chairman, Retail-Foodservice Board:
- Randy Scott, category manager of produce for Delhaize America, Salisbury, N.C. (as chairman of the Retailer-Foodservice Board).
A list of current Market Segment Boards/Council officers who will continue their positions is on the United Fresh website.