(March 13) Add tomatoes to the growing list of items being packaged for the Disney Garden label.
Imagination Farms LLC, Indianapolis, has reached a licensing agreement with Immokalee, Fla.-based Custom Pak and parent company Six L’s Packing Co. Inc. Six L’S/Custom Pak will provide year-round supplies, including grape tomatoes, cherry on the vine tomatoes and round tomatoes, beginning in April.
The grower-shipper also will provide year-round supplies of watermelons beginning in June. That will add volume to the Disney Garden-branded watermelon already being shipped by Progreso Produce Ltd., Hidalgo, Texas.
Don Goodwin, partner and chief operating officer at Imagination Farms, said it was too early to project volumes in the tomato and watermelon programs.
He said the watermelons provided by Six L’S/Custom Pak will have identical branding to Progreso’s melons with Mickey Mouse characters featured on Price Look-Up stickers and high-graphic bins.
Tomato clamshells will feature characters from the Disney/Pixar movie “The Incredibles.”
“Six L’s brings a lot of creativity and energy to our effort to increase the consumption and tomatoes among children,” Goodwin said. “We’re very focused on that mission.”
Six L’S/Custom Pak is the third shipper added to the Disney Garden lineup this year, following Coral Gables, Fla.-based Turbana Corp. (bananas and pineapples) in February and Lake Success, N.Y.-based William H. Kopke Jr. Inc. (Chilean grapes) in early March.
“We’re signing a lot of co-packers right now,” Goodwin said. “We’ve been working on this for a year and a half.”
Other Disney Garden items and distributors:
- domestic grapes from Four Star Sales Inc., Delano, Calif.;
- stone fruit, cherries and blueberries from Ito Packing Co. Inc., Reedley, Calif.;
- sliced apples from Crunch Pak LLC, Cashmere, Wash.;
- California citrus from Sunwest Fruit Corp., Parlier, Calif.;
- caramel apples from Carousel Candy, Cicero, Ill.;
- apples, pears and cherries from Selah, Wash.-based L&M Northwest and Chelan, Wash.-based Chelan Fresh Marketing;
- bagged salads and vegetables from Salinas, Calif.-based Church Bros. LLC and True Leaf Farms LLC; and
- sweet corn from Pahokee, Fla.-based Hugh H. Branch Inc.