(Jan. 3)Denise Vivaldo with Food Fanatics, Los Angeles, offers these tips to market your restaurant or catering service to build sales:
- Create a catchy slogan or logo for a great first impression.
- Contribute articles or columns to local newspapers or magazines.
- Write press releases regarding parties, staff promotions or classes you’re teaching. Fax them to newspapers, industry magazines and past and potential clients.
- Print on both sides of your business card. You could include past customers or clients on the back.
- Become a guest speaker or lecturer. You’re an expert!
- Have a professional voice mail message.
- Conduct a publicity stunt that makes you look good and is for the good of your community. Inform the media beforehand.