(Jan. 6) In a business redirection, Growers Express has changed its name to Green Giant Fresh by Growers Express.
“We’re embracing the Green Giant Fresh brand and putting it at the forefront,” said Marilyn Seeley, manager of marketing services for the Salinas, Calif.-based company.
The company also has foregone the Growers Express logo in lieu of the Green Giant Fresh one.
An official announcement and logo unveiling will be made this spring, Seeley said.
Seeley did not say whether the renamed company would continue to market its other labels, including Western Express, Lee and Farm Day.
Also included in the reorganization are a slew of personnel promotions:
- Gary Andreasian, product manager of broccoli and account manager with a focus on international customers, has been promoted to director of produce management.
- Michele McNeece has been promoted from account manager for domestic customers to senior account manager.
- Merritt Bruce, also account manager for domestic customers, has been promoted to senior account manager.
- Paul Mocettini, product manager of cauliflower, has assumed the position of senior account manager.
- Tamrah Gutierrez has been promoted to manager of customer service.
- Shannon Nunez, who previously served as a sales coordinator, has assumed the role of customer service representative.
- New to the company is Carolyn Jackson, sales coordinator.