The U.S. Department of Agriculture is scheduling a series of public hearings on a proposed national leafy greens marketing agreement, starting in Monterey, Calif., on Sept. 22.
If established, only handlers who join the marketing agreement would be subject to the food safety requirements of the plan. Companies that join must handle leafy green vegetables, domestic or imported, that meet the requirements of the program, according to USDA.
The seven hearings are scheduled for the following locations from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time:
- Sept. 22-24, Hyatt Regency Monterey, 1 Old Golf Course Road, Monterey, Calif.
- Sept. 30 to Oct. 1, Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk, 1515 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Oct. 6, Greater Columbus Convention Center, Room D130, 400 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio.
- Oct. 8, Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park, 16455 East 40th Circle, Aurora, Colo.
- Oct. 14-15, Yuma Civic Center, Yuma Room, 1440 Desert Hills Drive, Yuma, Ariz.
- Oct. 20, Renaissance Syracuse Hotel, 701 East Genesee Street, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Oct. 22, Charlotte Marriot Executive Park, 5700 Westpark Drive, Charlotte, N.C.
A copy of the proposal is available at www.ams.usda.gov.