(May 23) Grower members of Florida Citrus Mutual, the state’s largest citrus trade organization, May 11 elected two new directors and re-elected 19 others to govern the association for the 2006-07 season.
The two new members elected to the board of directors are:
- John Smoak III, general manager of Smoak Groves, Inc., Lake Placid; and
- Victor Story Jr., president of Story Grove Service, Inc., Lake Wales.
- David Evans, vice president of Nelson & Co., Oviedo, Fla.;
- Rex Clonts, owner of Clonts Farms Inc., Apopka;
- Richard Freeman, president of P.H. Freeman & Sons, Winter Garden;
- Bob Battaglia, vice president of Battaglia Fruit Co., Winter Park;
- George Neukom III, vice president of Neukom Properties Inc., Zephyrhills;
- P. Louis Haverlock, president of Lou Ross Citrus Inc., Balm;
- Fran Becker, vice president of fruit procurement for Peace River Citrus Products Inc., Bradenton;
- J.A. "Jay" Clark III, Florida Citrus Mutual interim chief executive officer and owner of Clark Farms Inc., Wauchula;
- Steve Sorrells, owner and chief executive officer of Sorrells Groves Inc., Arcadia;
- Marty McKenna, president of McKenna & Associates Citrus Inc., Sebring;
- Charles Lucas, president and chief executive officer of Consolidated Citrus LP, Fort Myers;
- Wade Timpner, vice president of Jackson Citrus, LaBelle, Fla.;
- Mark Wheeler, Lake Placid, president of LaBelle-based Wheeler Bros. Inc.;
- Raymond Bentley Jr., fruit buyer/harvesting supervisor of Bentley Bros. Inc., Winter Haven;
- Dennis Broadaway, general manager of Haines City Citrus Growers Association, Haines City;
- J. Brantley Schirard Jr., vice president and general manager of Schirard Citrus Inc., Fort Pierce;
- Kevin Bynum, owner and chief executive officer of Premier Citrus, Vero Beach;
- J. Emmett Evans III, vice president of Evans Properties Inc., Vero Beach; and
- Trey Smith, vice president of Leroy Smith Inc., Vero Beach.
The directors, who serve one-year terms, will be formally inducted at the organization’s second citrus industry conference June 9 at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa in Bonita Springs.