SALINAS, Calif. - The Grower-Shipper Association of Central California on May 22 swore in Lorri Koster, vice president of marketing for Mann Packing Co., Salinas, as chairwoman of the board.
Koster follows Salinas Mayor Dennis Donohue, president of Royal Rose LLC, and is the second woman in the associationâs 79-year history to hold the position and third generation of her family.
"I have tremendous respect for this industry,â Koster said during the associationâs annual meeting in Salinas.
| Dawn Withers
The Grower-Shipper Association's new board chairwoman, Lorri Koster, hands the outgoing chairman, Dennis Donohue, a plaque on May 22 commemorating his term on the board last year.
Other incoming board of directors for the 2009-2010 term are:
- Phil Adrian, vice president, Coastline Produce, Salinas;
- Nick Azcona, owner, Azcona Harvesting LLC, Greenfield;
- Steve Church, vice president and principal, Church Bros. LLC, Salinas;
- Andrew Cumming, president, Metz Fresh LLC, King City;
- Margaret D-Arrigo-Martin, executive vice president of sales and marketing, DâArrigo Bros. Co., Salinas;
- Craig Dobler, partner, Dobler & Sons LLC, Moss Landing;
- Dennis Donohue, president, Royal Rose LLC, Salinas;
- Ken Higashi, vice president, Easton Enterprises Inc., Salinas;
- Chris Huntington, chief executive officer, Steinbeck Produce and Hilltown Packing Co., Salinas;
- Emmett Linder, vice president and group operations, Driscoll Strawberry Associates Inc., Watsonville; and
- Sam McKinsey, vice president of agricultural operations, Green Giant Fresh by Growers Express, Salinas.
Jim Manassero, a former executive with DâArrigo Bros. Co., earned the associationâs E.E. "Gene" Harden Award for his contribution to the agricultural industry.