(Jan. 14, PACKER WEB EXCLUSIVE) Chuck Conner, acting agriculture secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, announced new members of the National Potato Promotion Board, Denver:
- Troy Betz, president of Bud-Rich Potato Inc., Hermiston, Ore.
- Tom Campbell, grower for Tri-Campbell Farms, Grafton, N.D.
- Molly Connors, manager of Basin Gold, Richland, Wash.
- Robert Davis, president of RHD Inc., Connell, Wash.
- Gregory Ebe, grower for Ebe Farms LLC, Custer, Wash.
- Ernest Ford, president of Sunny Valley Farms, Center, Colo.
- Gary Lands, co-owner of RC Lands & Sons Farms, St. Augustine, Fla.
- Jeff Gibson, owner and manager of Circle G Farms, Burley, Idaho
- Bevan Jeppesen, president of Bevan Jeppesen Inc., Rexburg, Idaho
- Alan Parks, owner and manager of Parks Farms, Blackfood, Idaho
- William Toevs, owner of T-G Farms, Aberdeen, Idaho
- Keith Labrie, grower for Labrie Farms, St. Agatha, Maine
- Alan Moir, grower for Moir Farms, Woodland, Maine
- Tom Wingard, partner and manager of Wingard Farms, Elk Riber, Minn.
- Joe Thompson, partner and manager of Thompson Seed Farms, Hemmingford, Neb.
- Eric Halverson, manager of Black Gold Farms, Grand Forks, N.D.
- Ben Tucker, vice president of C&R Ventures Inc., St. Thomas, N.D.
- Chris Slagell, grower for Triple S Farms, Hydro, Okla.
- Chris Olsen, grower for L.J. Olsen Inc., Othello, Wash.
- Randy Mullen, president of Mullen Farms Inc., Pasco, Wash.
- Reid Reimann, owner of T&R Farms Inc., Pasco, Wash.
- Ron Mach, grower and president of Mach’s Sunny Acres, Antigo, Wis.
- Richard Okray, owner and treasurer of Okray Family Farms, Plover, Wis.
The board is made up of producers, importers and a public member appointed by the agriculture secretary. It is an industry-funded national research and promotion program authorized under the 1971 Potato Research and Promotion Act. Members serve a three-year term beginning March 1.
Tom Church of Wilder, Idaho has also been appointed to fill a vacancy left by Helen Almmey of Caldwell, Idaho.