The Organic Trade Association, Greenfield, Mass., has its annual retreat is July 22-23. New board members and officers, who were announced June 15 at the board's annual meeting, are just beginning the second month of their terms.
Nicole Dawes, chairwoman, Late July Organic Snacks, Barnstable, Mass.; Kelly Shea, vice president of industry relations, WhiteWave Foods Co., Broomfield, Co., and Tom Cowell, general manager, Growers International Organic Sales Inc., Winnipeg, Manitoba, join the board as new members this year, said Barbara Haumann, spokeswoman for the association.
Julia Sabin, vice president and general manager of Smucker Natural Foods Inc., is president of the board for another term.
Other officers include:
- Matt McLean, founder and chief executive officer of Uncle Matt's Organic Inc., Clermont, Fla., vice president/U.S.;
- Helene Bouvier, president of Organic Ranchers Inc., Canada, vice president/Canada;
- Todd Linsky, vice president of organic sales Cal-Organic Farms, Lamont, Calif., secretary; and
- Chuck Marcy, chief executive officer of Healthy Food Holdings LLC, Longmont, Colo., treasurer.
In another change to the lineup, Lynn Clarkson, of Clarkson Grain Co., chose to stay on the board in place of Theresa Marquez, Organic Valley Family of Farms, La Farge, Wis., who resigned before her final term.
Other members of the board include:
- Craig Weakley, director of organic agriculture and sustainability, Small Planet Foods Inc., Sedro-Woolley, Wash.;
- Tony Bedard, chief executive officer, Frontier Natural Products Co-op, Norway, Iowa;
- Sarah Bird, senior vice president of marketing, Annie's Inc., Napa, Calif.;
- Jack Erisman, owner, Goldmine Farms, Pana, Ill.;
- Marty Mesh, executive director, Florida Organic Growers and Consumers Inc., Gainesville; and
- Melody Meyer, national director of produce purchasing, Albert's Organics, Bridgeport, N.J.