(Jan. 14, WEB EXCLUSIVE) The Arlington, Va.-based Reusable Packaging Association has named its new executive committee and board members for 2009.
Expanded by two seats to represent the broader reusable packaging industry, the board added individuals with strong business and leadership experience, according to a news release.
“It was important to expand the board and bring in new leadership from across a wide range of companies in the reusable marketplace in order to keep pace with the rapid growth of the industry and our increasingly broader scope of membership,” said Fred Heptinstall, outgoing board chairman, in the release. “Our nominating committee chairman, Dave Rodgers of ORBIS Corporation, did an outstanding job of assembling an impressive slate of senior executive level candidates to fill several vacancies on the board.”
Led by chairman Bob Klimko, the director of general industrial marketing at ORBIS Corporation, the new committee is made up of Jon Kalin, sales manager for Rehrig Pacific, vice chairman; David Rieser, vice president and general manager of Georgia-Pacific RPC, secretary/treasurer; Fred Heptinstall, general manager for IFCO RPC Management Services immediate past chairman; and Jerry Welcome, new association president and chief executive officer.
Newly elected board directors are:
- John Frey, president/owner of TOSCA Ltd.;
- Gary Garkowski, vice president of marketing for iGPS;
- Mike Hachtman, senior vice president of business development & strategic planning at IFCO Systems N.A. Inc.;
- Craig Kelly, director of sales for CHEP;
- Rob Zachrich, vice president of sales and marketing for the Fabri-Form Co.;
- Drew Merrill, vice president of business development & strategic planning for Container and Pooling Solutions Inc.;
- Robert Engle, president of North America, Schoeller Arca Systems; and
- Jim Vangelos, president and chief executive officer of Polymer Logistics U.S.