(March 18, WEB EXCLUSIVE) DENVER — After morning caucus meetings, board members of the U.S. Potato Board named their picks for the executive and administrative committees.
Chip stock grower Tom Qualey, a partner in Three Oake Farms, Sherman, Maine, was elected chairman of the board’s executive committee March 13. Bart Connors, general manager of Skone & Connors Inc., and also sales manager for Basin Gold Cooperative Inc., Pasco, Wash., became the immediate past chair.
Joining Qualey on the executive committee are:
- North Central region — Todd Michael, Urbana, Ohio, domestic marketing committee co-chair;
- Northwest region — Cheryl Koompin, American Falls, Idaho, international marketing committee co-chair; Shane Webster, Rexburg, Idaho, domestic marketing committee co-chair, and Lon Baley, Malin, Ore., international marketing committee co-chair;
- South Central region — Monty Smith, Blanca, Colo., industry communications and policy committee co-chair;
- Southeast region — Jimmy Harrell, Elizabeth City, N.C., industry communications and policy committee co-chair; and
- Southwest region — Sid Staunton, Tulelake, Calif., finance committee chair
Appointed to the administrative committee were:
There is one open spot in the 33-person committees. Don Zimmerman, a professor at Colorado State University, Fort Collins, left the board after serving one year of his three-year term because of a heavy research work load, said Robin Vest, executive administrator of the U.S. Potato Board. The new committee members plan to fill that spot this year, she said.