(Nov. 11) PMA’s BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairwoman: Janet Erickson, executive vice president of purchasing and quality assurance at Del Taco Inc., Lake Forest, Calif.
Chairman-elect: Peter Goulet, director of merchandising strategy at Hannaford Bros. Co., Scarborough, Maine
Secretary-treasurer: Bruce Taylor, chairman and chief executive officer of Taylor Farms California Inc., Salinas
Executive committee chairman: Steve Junqueiro, vice president of operations at Save Mart Supermarkets, Modesto, Calif.
Retail division chairman: Dave Corsi, vice president of produce and floral operations at Wegmans Food Markets, Rochester, N.Y.
Foodservice chairman: Gene Harris, senior purchasing manager at Denny’s Corp., Spartanburg, S.C.
- John Anderson, chairman, president and chief executive officer at The Oppenheimer Group, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Anthony Barbieri, produce director at Acme Markets Inc., Malvern, Pa.
- Leonard Batti, vice president of production and processing at NewStar Fresh Foods, Salinas, Calif.
- Craig Carlson, vice president of produce and floral at Pathmark Stores Inc., Carteret, N.J.
- Mike Cavallero, president of North American tropical fresh fruit at Dole Fresh Fruit Co., Westlake Village, Calif.
- Daniel Crimmins, purchasing manager at the University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind.
- Bud Floyd, vice president at C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc., Eden Prairie, Minn.
- David Gill, partner in Gills Onions, Oxnard, Calif.
- Don Harris, vice president of produce and floral at Wild Oats Markets Inc., Boulder, Colo.
- Danie Kieviet, director at FreshWorld (Pty.) Ltd., Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Lisa McNeece, vice president of foodservice and industrial sales at Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield, Calif.
- Tip Murphy, vice president of sales at Chiquita Fresh NA, Cincinnati
- Francisco Obregon, president of Obregon and Associates Inc., Nogales, Ariz.
- Michael O’Brien, vice president of produce at Schnuck Markets Inc., St. Louis
- Jeff Patterson, assistant vice president at BJ’s Wholesale Club Inc., Natick, Mass.
- Rob Robson, chief executive officer at OneHarvest, Carole Park, Australia
- Norman Saville, president of Produce Source Partners, Newport News, Va.
- William Schuler, president and chief executive officer at Castellini Co., Wilder, Ky.
- Mike Weber, vice president of Eastern operations at Golden Corral Corp., Raleigh, N.C.
Bryan Silbermann, president of PMA, is an ex-officio board member and is on the board’s executive committee, along with Erickson, Goulet, Taylor, Junqueiro, Floyd and Schuler.
RETIRING FROM THE BOARD
- Stephen Barnard, president and chief executive officer of Mission Produce Inc., Oxnard, Calif., former executive committee chairman
- Reggie Griffin, vice president of produce and floral at The Kroger Co., Cincinnati
- Steve Martori, president of Martori Farms, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Wayne McKnight, vice president of global food procurement at Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Bentonville, Ark.
- Steven Daum, director, Floralife Inc., Parkland, Fla.
RETAIL BOARD MEMBERS
- John Anderson, president and chief executive officer of The Oppenheimer Group, Vancouver, British Columbia
- John McGuigan, vice president of domestic sales at Sunkist Growers Inc., Sherman Oaks, Calif.
- Miles Reiter, president of Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Watsonville, Calif.
- Dave Russell, vice president of sales and marketing at Del Monte Fresh Produce NA, Coral Gables, Fla.
- Keith Frosceno, regional vice president of sales at W. Newell & Co./Supervalu, Minneapolis
- Timothy Riley, vice president of The Giumarra Cos., Los Angeles
- Anthony Barbieri, director of produce and floral sales at Acme Markets Inc., Malvern, Pa.
- William Brophy, vice president of produce sales and procurement at Stop & Shop Supermarket Cos., Quincy, Mass.
- Jim Corby, produce director at Food Lion LLC, Salisbury, N.C.
- Brian Gannon, produce and floral director at Big Y Foods Inc., Springfield, Mass.
- Leonardo Miyao, green grocery director at Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Don Murphy, vice president of produce procurement at Grocery Outlet Inc., Berkeley, Calif.
- James Parker, retail produce coordinator at Whole Foods Market Inc., Austin, Texas
- James Spilka, vice president of produce at Meijer Supermarkets Inc., Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Stephen Tursi, vegetable merchandise manager at Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Bentonville, Ark.
- Michael Brown, director of agribusiness development at Glory Foods Inc., Columbus, Ohio
- Martin Mazzanti, director at The Produce Exchange, Livermore, Calif.
- Michael Maxwell, president of Procacci Bros. Sales Corp., Philadelphia
- William J. Byland Jr., vice president at Micky’s Minis Flora Express, St. Louis
- Cindy Rapshus, vice president of floral merchandising and procurement at Albertson’s Inc., Boise, Idaho
- Howard Nager, vice president of fresh sales and marketing at Maui Pineapple Co. Ltd., Kahului, Hawaii
- Tom Nolan, vice president of sales and marketing at Hampton Farms Inc., Severn, N.C.
RETIRING FROM THE RETAIL BOARD
- Craig Carlson, vice president of produce at Pathmark Stores Inc., Carteret, N.J.
- Marcos Perez, vice president of produce at H.E. Butt Grocery Co. Inc., San Antonio
- Steven Daum, director of superfloral technology, Floralife Inc., Walterboro, S.C.