(May 19, 2:08 p.m.) LAS VEGAS — The United Fresh Las Vegas 2008 Retail Awards Banquet began May 6 with the announcement of Reggie Brown, executive vice president of the Florida Tomato Exchange, Maitland, as the recipient of the United Fresh Technical Award.
Tom Stenzel, president and chief executive officer of the Washington, D.C.-based association, also announced the winners of 2008 Produce Excellence in Foodservice awards: chefs Tony Baker of Montrio Bistro, Monterey, Calif.; Reinhard Dorfhuber, of the Elephant Bar Restaurant, La Mirada, Calif.; Daniel Coudreant, director of culinary innovation, McDonald’s USA, Oak Brook, Ill.; Jonathan Davey, of Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah; and executive chief J.P; Hascot, of Peconic Landing, Greenport, N.Y.
The 2008 Retail Produce Manager grand prize winners:
- Gary Clay, Raley’s, Santa Rosa, Calif.;
- John Monahan, Price Chopper Supermarkets, Marlborough, Mass.;
- Julie Rodriguez, Smith’s Food and Drug Center, Bozeman, Mont.;
- Greg Reinhart, Hy Vee Inc., Marshall, Minn.; and
- David Meier, Safeway Stores Inc., Auburn Calif.