(Feb. 16, 11:39 a.m.) The Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association inducted Victor Anthony and Jeffrey Wyman into its Hall of Fame.
Anthony is the former owner of Anthony Farms, Scandinavia, Wis., a potato and vegetable growing, packing and shipping operation he sold in 2008.
Wyman is an entomologist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The association presented other awards during its annual banquet on Feb. 4:
- Volunteer of the Year: Steve Diercks, Coloma Farms, Coloma, Wis.
- Young Grower of the Year: Isaac Isherwood, Isherwood Co., Plover, Wis.
- Researcher of the Year: Alvin Bussan, University of Wisconsin Department of Horticulture.
- Business Person of the Year: Wayne Ganser, vice president of sales, research and development, Jay-Mar Inc., Plover.
- Potato Industry Woman of the Year: Diane Wysocki, payroll manager, Wysocki Produce Farm, Bancroft, Wis.
- Agri-communicator Award: Larry Alsum, president and general manager, Alsum Produce, Friesland, Wis.
- President’s Award: Andy Merry, owner, Crop Care LLC, Antigo, Wis.
- Industry Appreciation Awards: Mike Carter, chief executive officer, Bushmans’ Inc., Rosholt, Wis.; Nick Somers, owner and president, Plover River Farms Alliance Inc., Stevens Point, Wis.; Kevin Bula and Rick Hafner, senior field inspectors, Wisconsin Seed Potato Certification Program, Antigo.