Like many tools, fungicides are most beneficial if used correctly.
To help potato growers get the most from those tools, Focus on Potato has released a new Web seminar, "Chemical Control of Foliar Plant Diseases in Potato: Application of Fungicides."
The 49-minute program is hosted by Phil Hamm, an Oregon State University plant pathology professor based in Hermiston.
In it, Hamm will discuss:
• Fungicide penetration into the canopy following various application methods,
• How much of the material applied remains at the canopy level nearly a week later,
• What are the results of repeated applications related to fungicide amount through time,
• Why timing of application is important to get the best disease control possible and
• The impact of increasing or decreasing water amounts in the application.
The presentation will be available through Dec. 31.
Focus on Potato is produced by the Plant Management Network, a non-profit collaboration among the American Phytopathological Society, American Society of Agronomy and Crop Science Society of America.